|The SandShark HD
The Ultimate SandShark!
JR for Jet Ski’s and PWC’s
How are our products different from others?
Our products are different from others because they act like portable docking posts rather than boating anchors. This way you can obtain the the type of holding power you need to keep the watercraft in place at shore or shallow water locations. At SandShark Products we designed products that are;
To solve the common problem of keeping boats, pontoons, tritoons, jet ski’s, and PWC’s firmly in place…
- You need more width and length to get “Superior Holding Power”
- The SandShark Extends to 5’3″ for maximum flexibility
- The JR for Jet Ski’s and PWC’s Extends to 31″
- All products are designed for “Deep Penetration and Convenient Storage”
A Different Approach to the Anchoring Concept
Why It Works
- One of a Kind || The reason the SandShark Anchor is so effective at anchoring in sandbar and beach locations is because we use a different anchoring concept. Traditional anchors are not effective for anchoring in tight shorelines, shallow water, or beach locations. If you’ve ever tried, then you probably know your boat is either going to get beached or start drifting. The SandShark allows you to auger down into a solid footing using it’s stainless steel handle cranks and 5′ foot extension shaft with 4″ inch auger blades. Docking on the shoreline, shallow water, and in footing like gravel, muck, clay, shore, or sand is made easy with the SandShark!
- Better Holding Power || Traditional anchors try to pin anchor lines to the bottom of the lake, however, when waves or currents push up against the bottom of the boat, the anchors are easily removed from the sand. Traditional anchors also do not have very much “holding power” because they are not able to reach into the firmer ground below the sand. Traditional anchors need to be placed 20-40′ away from the boat to increase the angle of the anchor line, and decrease the pressure applied to the anchor. These factors make traditional anchors “ineffective” for sandbar and beach anchoring.
- Solid Anchoring System || The SandShark Anchor fixes these common anchoring problems by being able to reach the firmer ground below the sand, and by extending upward to increase the angle of the anchor line. Hence, your boat or pontoon is held in firm ground and you have an anchor line almost straight out from your boat. This makes anchoring your boat more like tying to a pier or a dock.
- Above Water Tie-Down || A good illustration of “how and why traditional anchors fail” is to stand next to a boat and hold the anchor line at water level. As you can see, the boat is easily held in place with your hands and very little effort. When the waves come in, the boat simply goes up and down, without a lot of force. This is exactly how the SandShark works, holding your line above the water to securing your boat. Now try to hold the anchor line at the bottom of the lake or ocean; like a traditional anchor would. Here you will notice the anchor line is “ripped” from your grasp easily. Thousands of pounds of “force” is created when the waves are lifting your boat up-and-down. This creates an almost impossible situation for traditional anchors to overcome.
When we say SandShark Anchor is the best auger anchor on the market… we mean it.
SandShark Products, Inc.
- Efficient Function and Design ||There are essentially two forces holding the SandShark Anchor in place. One is from the 4″ blade that is driven into the ground or solid base to prevent the Sand Shark Anchor from being pulled upward. The other force keeping the SandShark in place is from the 1-2’deep hole created by augering the SandShark in place. Because of the depth of the hole, the SandShark Anchor is stable and not likely to be “pulled-over”, or “collapsed to the side”. These two forces keep your boat from washing into shore and can be used in the front and/or the rear of the boat.
Note from Duane: We started in 2009 to produce the best beach and sandbar anchor available. We are continuing to develop new products to meet the needs of our customers. Thank you and feel free to comment on the product and the concept, and we would love to hear from you regarding your boating experiences!